Apache Farms-In to Offshore AU Permit
The Oilex-led WA-388-P joint venture has entered into a farm-in agreement with Apache Energy to acquire a 40% interest by paying all costs of the first exploratory well, and of the well test costs if the joint venture approves testing of the well.
The WA-388-P permit, located north of the Pluto, Wheatstone, Gorgon and North West Shelf fields, offshore Western Australia, contains numerous play types and seven identified prospects, ranging in potential size from .3 to 2.8 Tcf of prospective gas resources. Apache will replace Oilex as the permit operator.
The well will target a prospect in the Intra Mungaroo channel zone and is anticipated to spud in early 2011. The Stena Clyde semisub was contracted to drill the well. Once finalized, the participating interests in WA-388-P are Apache (40%), Oilex (8.4%), Sasol (18%), Videocon (8.4%), Gujurat State Petroleum (8.4%), Bharat PetroResources (8.4%), and Hindustan Petroleum (8.4%).
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: Oilex Ltd more info
- Oilex Looks to up Cambay Stake to 100% (Dec 13)
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Australia's Oilex, Zeta Resources Agree to Terminate Legal Proceedings (Jun 08)