Anadarko Unveils New Secrets at Itauna
Anadarko announced interim results at the Itauna #1 well in block BM-C-29 offshore Brazil. To date, the well has encountered in excess of 275 net feet of oil and natural gas pay in two separate post-salt zones on which show reports were filed with the Agencia Nacional do Petroleo, Gas Natural e Biocombustiveis (ANP).
"We are pleased that our first well on block BM-C-29 is a substantial discovery in the post-salt section," Anadarko Sr. Vice President, Worldwide Exploration Bob Daniels said. "The already significant post-salt pay count could increase when we perform a bypass to obtain additional information that should address the unconsolidated formations in the existing hole. We are drilling ahead to test two targeted pre-salt objectives and expect to complete activities in the well by the end of the year."
The Itauna #1 well, which is located in approximately 250 feet of water, has been drilled by jackup Offshore Mischief to a current depth of approximately 15,250 feet with a planned total depth of nearly 18,000 feet. Following activities on this well, the rig will go to work for another operator, and then is expected to return to Anadarko in 2011 to conduct appraisal activity on the block. Anadarko operates block BM-C-29 with a 50-percent working interest. Ecopetrol is the co-owner in the block with a 50-percent working interest.
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
- Anadarko To Spend $2.5B On Massive Share Buyback (Sep 20)
- Harvey Could Become First Hurricane to Strike Texas Since 2008 (Aug 23)
Company: Ecopetrol more info
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Names New CEO, Echeverry Resigns (Aug 17)
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Rubiales Oil Output Hit By Protests (Jun 27)
- Rebel Bomb Attack Halts Colombia's Cano Limon Crude Pipeline (Jun 22)