Vantage Takes Delivery of Platinum Explorer
Vantage Drilling Company has taken delivery of the ultra-deepwater drillship, the Platinum Explorer, from Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering Co. Ltd. in South Korea. The vessel has set sail from the shipyard in transit to India to commence a five year contract with Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Limited.
Paul Bragg, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Vantage, commented, "We have taken delivery of Platinum Explorer on time and budget, and have begun the maiden voyage to India to commence the contract there, starting around yearend. This is a huge milestone for Vantage, as we have now completed construction of the fleet orders that we acquired two years ago. Our jackups have enjoyed full utilization and high operating efficiency since commencement of operations. We are well prepared to start work with Platinum Explorer, and having her in service will result in more than doubling of our ongoing rig cashflows."
Operates 38 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela's PDVSA To Tap Oil Customers To Pay $449MM To ONGC (Nov 15)
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
Company: Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering Company (DSME) more info
- World's Top Two Shipyards Signal More Orders as Earnings Improve (Apr 27)
- Daewoo Shipbuilding's Bailout Plan Cleared by Pension Fund (Apr 17)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)