Shell to Handover Songa Venus This Week
MEO Australia provided its routine weekly Artemis-1 update on the anticipated timeframe for receiving the Songa Venus semi-submersible drilling rig from Shell, the current Operator.
The latest advice from Shell is that the rig is expected to be handed over to MEO on or about late evening (Western Standard Time) on November 12, 2010. This look-ahead forecast is subject to operational progress meeting current expectations.
Once the rig has been handed over, it will undergo an approximate 7-day tow to the Artemis-1 location.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: MEO Australia Ltd more info
- MEO Australia Seeks Shareholder Approval to Rename Firm as Melbana Energy (Sep 28)
- MEO Australia: 4 Companies Interested in Beehive Farm-Out Deal (Sep 12)
- MEO Australia Provides Update on Projects in Australia, NZ & Cuba (Aug 15)