Subsea 7 Confirms Contract for ConocoPhillips' Jasmine Discovery
As previously reported, Subsea 7 received a pipeline bundle contract for the Jasmine discovery in the UK sector of the North Sea. The scope of work includes the engineering, procurement, fabrication, installation and commissioning of two 2.4-mile (4-kilometer) pipeline bundle systems and associated pipe-in-pipe spools. Each of the bundles consists of a 16-inch-diameter production pipeline inside a 20-inch sleeve pipeline, housed within a 35-inch outer carrier pipe. The bundle system will join the Judy Riser Platform that will connect to the new Jasmine Wellhead Platform, and will be installed using the controlled depth tow methodology. The work scope also includes installing a 6 mile (9 kilometer) power and communications cable connecting the JRP with the Jasmine Living Quarters Platform and installing two 984 feet (300 meter) control umbilicals connecting the subsea isolation valves, integrated within the bundle towheads to the JRP and JWHP. Additionally, the company will perform tie-ins to the existing risers and platforms, and testing and pre-commissioning of the complete Jasmine bundle pipeline system. Offshore operations are scheduled to commence in the second quarter 2012. The Jasmine field is located in the J Block in a water depth of 279 feet (85 meters).
SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)