Santos to Acquire Acreage Offshore Bangladesh

Santos signed an agreement with Cairn Energy for the acquisition of Cairn’s interests in Bangladesh, including interest in Block 16 (Sangu), and Block 16 (exploration) located in the Bay of Bengal offshore Bangladesh. Following the completed transaction, Santos will now hold a 75% operating interest in the producing Sangu field, while Halliburton will hold the remaining 25% interest. Santos will also have a 100% interest in Block 16 exploration. In 2010, Santos acquired 3D seismic surveys in and around the Sangu field, identifying a number of drill opportunities. Santos plans to drill three wells in the area in 2011.

continue reading the full article

Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Project Director, US Government Construction
Expertise: Construction Manager|Project Management
Location: Philadelphia, PA
 
Pilot - Aviation
Expertise: Business Development|Helicopter Pilot / Operations
Location: Houston, TX
 
Business Development Manager
Expertise: Business Development|Sales|Structural Engineering
Location: Los Angeles, CA
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $55.23/BBL 0.46%
Light Crude Oil : $52.75/BBL 0.62%
Natural Gas : $3.24/MMBtu 1.25%
Updated in last 24 hours