Maersk Scoops Up Blocks in UK Licensing Round
Maersk Oil has been granted licenses encompassing 10 blocks in the DECC's 26th Licensing Round.
Commenting, Maersk Oil UK Managing Director Martin Rune Pedersen said, "I am extremely pleased with the outcome of 26th Licensing Round. We entered the UK sector of the North Sea with the clear aim of growing the business through ongoing investment and expanding our exploration portfolio."
"Our exploration team is highly experienced and successful, and the award of these additional licenses, with our partners, is in line with our growth strategy. Maersk Oil has the track record and technical expertise to maximize value from these licenses," Pedersen said.
Maersk Oil and partners were awarded the following:
- Block 22/4c with partner Venture
- Blocks 22/21c, 22/26c with partners Premier and Venture
- Block 22/30e with partners Britoil, ENI, Nippon
- Block 23/26e with partners Britoil, ENI, Nippon
- Non- Operated
- Blocks 3/25b, 3/30b, 4/21, 4/26b Total as operator
- Block 30/1a, GDF Suez as operator (other partners with Maersk Oil are RWE, Nippon)
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)