Fugro Secures ROV Support Vessel Contracts in Brazil
In partnership with vessel owners Greatship and Farstad, Fugro Brazil has been awarded 3 long-term contracts for ROV Support Vessels by Petrobras. The value of the tripartite contracts for Fugro is approximately USD 140 million and will involve ROV services and positioning. Greatship will be providing the vessels Greatship Rohini and Greatship Ramya and Farstad will be providing the vessel Far Scotia. The contract is for five years, with an option for an additional 5 years and the operations will commence early 2011.
These new ROV Support Vessel contracts will consolidate Fugro's leading position as a supplier of ROV services in the IRM (Inspection Repair and Maintenance) market in Brazil, increasing the number of Fugro ROV Support Vessel contracts from 3 to 6.
- Fugro to Cut Hundreds of Jobs, Sell APAC Business Unit due to Oil Glut (Aug 04)
- Fugro Completes Data Acquisition Program Offshore Western Ghana (Aug 03)
- ONGC Boosts Operations Off India Via New, Expanded Deals Worth $60M (Jul 18)
Company: Petrobras more info
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)