Eni Norge Gets Green Light to Drill in Barents Sea
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Eni Norge a drilling permit for well 7210/12-5, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Well 7210/12-5 will be drilled from the drilling facility Transocean Polar Pioneer at position 71°11'57.99" north and 20°54'54.57" east.
The drilling program for well 7210/12-5 relates to drilling of a wildcat well in production license 489. Eni Norway AS is the operator with a 40 percent ownership interest. The other licensees are Statoil Petroleum AS (40 percent) and Petoro AS (20 per cent). The area covered in this license consists of the blocks 7120/11-1 and 7120/12-2.
The well will be drilled in the Barents Sea about 50 kilometers from Goliat and 78 kilometers from shore (Sørøya).
Production license 489 was awarded on February 29, 2008 (APA 2008). This is the first well drilled in the license.
The permit is conditional upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
- Italy's Eni Confident Of Dividend Even With Lower Oil Prices (Jul 28)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)