Veer Prem MOPU Sets Sail for Ebok Field


Ebok, Okwok Fields
(Click to Enlarge)

The Veer Prem MOPU has left the Gulf Cooper yard in Texas and is en route to the Ebok field, offshore Nigeria. The former jackup was converted to a MOPU by removing the drilling package and replacing it with a newly fabricated processing module. The vessel has an initial production capacity of 50,000 bopd, water injection capacity of 25,000 bwpd and gas lift/injection capacity of 9.6 MMcf/d.

Crude oil produced and processed at the MOPU will then be stored on the 1.2 million barrel capacity FSO. The FSO will be the crude oil storage and export facility for the Ebok field development. Both the MOPU and the FSO are expected to arrive on location in November, with production expected to commence by year-end.

Located on Block OML 67 offshore Nigeria in a water depth of 135 feet (41 meters) is the Ebok field. Oriental Energy serves as the operator and holds a 60% interest; Afren holds the remaining 40% interest.

continue reading about Greater Ebok-Okwok Complex on SubseaIQ

continue reading the full article

Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Solids Control Technicians - Bakken Region
Expertise: Electrical Technician|Mechanical Technician
Location: Williston, ND
 
Electrical Engineer
Expertise: Electrical Engineering|Instrument & Controls Engineer|Mechanical Engineering
Location: Alvin, TX
 
Third Party Inspector | CWI / NACE (nuclear/pressure vessel/tank)
Expertise: Client Representative|Painting / Coating / Blasting|QA / QC / Inspection
Location: Fort Pierce, FL
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $50.56/BBL 0.15%
Light Crude Oil : $47.7/BBL 0.70%
Natural Gas : $3.05/MMBtu 1.32%
Updated in last 24 hours