Sterling Notes Cladhan Resource Estimation
Sterling, operator of the Cladhan discovery on UK Northern North Sea Block 210/29a, has received an independent resource evaluation from RPS Energy on the gross contingent and prospective oil in place estimated to exist in the Cladhan discovery. The resource estimate was compiled in accordance with the Canadian Oil and Gas Evaluation Handbook standards, as required by Canadian National Instrument 51-101 standards.
The estimated range of both contingent and prospective resources of oil in place (STOIIP) at P90, P50 and P10 estimates are as follows:
|Contingent Resource (mmbls)||43||89||155|
|Prospective Resource (mmbls)||76||167||311|
Commenting on the new STOIIP estimates, Alan Booth, EnCore's Chief Executive Officer, said, "This is an excellent outcome from the recent drilling campaign. Even though we have yet to establish an oil water contact, these figures suggest a P50 STOIIP potentially in excess of 250mm bbls. Significant upside still remains on the block as can be seen from Sterling's P10 figures.
"The site survey for the next appraisal drilling location at Cladhan is underway and, dependent upon receiving the necessary regulatory approvals from the UK government and sourcing a suitable rig, we hope to return to further appraisal drilling at Cladhan in Q1 next year."
- Britain's Breagh Gas Field Back Up after 7 Week Closure (Dec 30)
- Production at UK Breagh Gas Field to Resume in 6-8 Weeks (Nov 20)
- UK's Breagh Gas Field Shut, Maybe for Two Weeks - Sterling (Nov 13)
Company: EnCore Oil plc more info
- Deo Petroleum: Amalgamation Agreement Finalized (Jan 12)
- Egdon Acquires EnCore Stake (Jan 06)
- Weather Delays Drilling at EnCore's Tudor Rose Well (Dec 08)