Halliburton Secures Contract for ExxonMobil's West Qurna Field
Halliburton has been awarded a wellwork integrated services contract by ExxonMobil Iraq for refurbishment of wells in the West Qurna (Phase 1) field in southern Iraq.
Halliburton will provide on-site logistics and technical support for both rigless and rig-assisted workovers. Other services provided by
Halliburton include provision of a workover rig, coiled tubing, slickline services, logging, production enhancement and well testing.
"We believe Halliburton's strong presence in Iraq, coupled with our technical leadership, was a factor in securing this contract from
ExxonMobil Iraq Limited," said Dave Lesar, Halliburton's Chairman, President and CEO. "We're pleased to see our investment and commitment to provide services within Iraq being recognized by companies such as ExxonMobil and its West Qurna (Phase 1) project co-venturers."
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Halliburton Company more info
- Venezuela's IOUs Pile Up, Keeping US Oil Servicers in Tow (Aug 23)
- Gadfly: Halliburton And Microsoft Do Not Compute For OPEC (Aug 22)
- Oilfield Rush to High-Tech Helps Smaller Companies Thrive (Jul 27)