Grenland Secures Contract from Statoil for Gullfaks Platform
|Friday, June 11, 2010
Statoil awarded Grenland Group a contract to modify the water injection plant on the Gullfaks B platform. The water injection plant pumps seawater into the oil reservoir for maintenance of the well pressure and production capacity. Work will start immediately and contract completion is scheduled for the middle of June 2012. Gullfaks B is the central unit on the Gullfaks field and delivers oil and gas to Gullfaks A and C for further delivery of oil to shuttle tankers and gas through a pipeline to the plant at Karsto. Statoil is the operator of the majority of the Greater Gullfaks area with a 70% share, partnering with Petoro, which holds the remaining 30%.
SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
More from this Author
Most Popular Articles
From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you