Don't display this message again [x]

Dear User,

On March 28, 2015 OilCareers and Rigzone will be coming together to provide you with access to the world’s largest resource for Oil and Gas news, jobs and industry insights.

We have recently updated our Terms & Conditions to accommodate these changes. Please read them carefully. By using the Site, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. These Terms and Conditions are effective as of March 30, 2015.

Finance & Investing
News Services
Get free industry updates via email.
Daily News
Weekly News
Equipment Updates
Weekly Job Register
Monthly Event Guide
Our privacy


Salamander Completes Drilling Latest Phase of Bualuang Field

change text size

Bualuang field
(Click to Enlarge)

Salamander Energy completed Phase IV of development drilling on the Bualuang oil field on Block B8/38 offshore Gulf of Thailand. The Vantage Emerald Driller jackup drilled sidetracks to three existing slant production wells and their subsequent conversion to horizontal production wells. Once the rig completed the drilling operations, it departed from site on May 10, 2010.


All three sidetrack horizontal wells, BA02 ST2, BA03 ST2 and BA04 ST2 were completed in the main producing area of the field with downhole electric submersible pumps and expandable sand screens. Each well consists of 1,969 to 2,625 feet (600 to 800 meter) horizontal sections and was successfully landed in the target zone between 10 to 16 feet (3 to 5 meters) below the top reservoir.


All three wells were brought online, but will be choked for optimal recovery. Located offshore Thailand in the Western Basin's Block B8/38, the Bualuang oil field is estimated to hold reserves of 20 MMboe. Salamander Energy serves as the operator of Bualuang with a 60% interest in the field; SOCO International holds the remaining 40% interest.

continue reading about Bualuang on SubseaIQ

continue reading the full article

Related Companies
For More Information on the Offshore Rig Fleet:
RigLogix can provide the information that you need about the offshore rig fleet, whether you need utilization and industry trends or detailed reports on future rig contracts. Subscribing to RigLogix will allow you to access dozens of prebuilt reports and build your own custom reports using hundreds of available data columns. For more information about a RigLogix subscription, visit

Most Popular Articles
From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Water Well Driller
Expertise: Driller|Floorhand
Location: Central Valley, CA
Electrician (Drillship in Gulf of Mexico)
Expertise: Rig Electrician
Location: Gulf of Mexico
Mechanical Well Control Equipment Superintendent
Expertise: Drilling Superintendent
Location: Houston, TX
search for more jobs