Technip Wins Services Contract For Ichthys FPSO
|Friday, June 22, 2012
France's Technip said Friday that it has been awarded a contract, for an undisclosed amount, to provide services to the Ichthys floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) unit.
The FPSO unit will be located in the Browse Basin, Western Australia, at a water depth of 820 feet (250 meters). The Browse Basin is sited 124 miles (200 kilometers) offshore West Australia.
Under the agreement, Technip will provide engineering and procurement assistance for the topsides facilities of the 1.2 million barrels storage capacity FPSO to South Korea's Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME).
"DMSE won the design and build contract for the FPSO on 8 March, 2012. The contract is worth two billion dollars and the FPSO can produce 85,000 barrels of oil per day," a DSME spokesperson told Rigzone.
The Ichthys liquefied natural gas (LNG) project is a joint venture between Japan's INPEX and France's Total.
Gas from the Ichthys Field will undergo preliminary processing offshore to remove water and extract condensate. The condensate will be pumped to the FPSO facility anchored nearby, from which it will be transferred to tankers for delivery to markets.The gas will then be exported to onshore processing facilities in Darwin via a 552 mile (889 kilometers) subsea pipeline.
The Ichthys LNG project is expected to produce 8.4 million tonnes of LNG, 1.6 million tonnes of liquefied petroleum gas and 100,000 barrels of condensate.
INPEX is the operator of the Ichthys field and it holds a 76 percent interest. The remaining 24 percent stake is held by Total E&P Australia.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Most Popular Articles
From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you