Solo: Tanzania Testing to Commence Shortly
by Solo Oil plc
|Monday, June 18, 2012
Solo announced an update on plans for testing the gas discovery made in the Ntorya-1 well in the Ruvuma Basin onshore in southern Tanzania.
On the February 27, 2012, Solo and Aminex reported that a gas discovery had been made in a 80 foot (25 meter) gross Cretaceous sandstone interval between 8,727 feet and 8,809 feet (2,660 meters and 2,685 meters).
Solo has been informed by the operator that the majority of the equipment required to conduct a flow test of the well has now been mobilized to site. A number of remaining components will arrive over the next few days and testing is expected to commence shortly. The test sequence is anticipated to take 10 to 15 days to complete. Results of the testing will be announced once available.
Solo holds a 25 percent interest in the Ntoya-1 discovery and the 4,772 square mile (12,360 square kilometer) Ruvuma PSA. The PSA is operated by Ndovu Resources Ltd (a subsidiary of Aminex) holding the remaining 75 percent interest.
Neil Ritson, Solo Executive Director, commented: "Solo is optimistic that the gas charged pay interval discovered at 2,600 meters [8,530 feet] has the potential to flow at significant rates. We look forward to the results of the testing, which we believe will confirm the commercial extension of the highly successful offshore gas play."
Most Popular Articles
From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you