Oil and gas companies not yet tapping into the incredible leadership resource of retired military personnel can follow these steps to ensure a successful hiring process. Michael Harvey, a partner at Orion International, suggests:
- Develop a Strategic Plan
- Identify employees with military experience and bring them into the planning process.
- Identify positions that will work best with applicants from a military background, especially positions requiring strong intangible skills.
- Focus And Prepare Internal Resources
- Utilize former military employees to help execute the plan.
- Make sure associated hiring managers buy in.
- Map possible Career growth paths for military hires.
- Establish An Aggressive, Systematic And Thorough Hiring Process
- Define the necessary participants.
- Identify and define the steps in the interview process, including screening steps, interview questions and style.
- Ensure the hiring process easily can be completed in a 14-day cycle.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.