Aker Solutions Scores Subsea Contract for Kikeh Proj.
|Thursday, August 11, 2011
Murphy Sabah Oil Co., Ltd. Granted Aker Solutions a contract for the Kikeh subsea expansion project off the coast of Sabah in East Malaysia.
The scope of work includes the delivery of deepwater oil production equipment such as subsea trees, control modules distribution system and manifolds. The water depth of the site is 4,429 feet (1,350 meters). The subsea hardware should come online in 2013.
Kikeh is located offshore Sabah in the southern part of Block K. Murphy Oil's Asian subsidiary serves as the operator of Kikeh with an 80% interest in the field. Petronas, the state-owned Malaysian petroleum company, holds the remaining 20%.
SubseaIQ provides focused, in-depth coverage of offshore field development activities around the world, with daily updates on hundreds of offshore fields and facilities. Click here to sign up for the free weekly email newsletter.
More from this Author
Most Popular Articles
From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you