Statoil Starts Up Taps at Peregrino Field
|Monday, April 11, 2011
Statoil has commenced production from the Peregrino field offshore Brazil. Production will gradually ramp up to a plateau of 100,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. The first phase of Peregrino’s development includes two drilling and wellhead platforms and a large FPSO. A total of 37 wells are planned, all of them using horizontal well technology to maximize recovery, said Statoil.
Peregrino is estimated to contain 300 to 600 recoverable million barrels of oil equivalents, with a significant yet-to-find potential. Currently, an exploration well is being drilled at Peregrino South to explore the potential of this area. Once this well is completed, an additional well will be drilled in the area.
Peregrino is located 53 miles (85 kilometers) offshore Brazil in the Campos Basin in about 328 feet (100 meters) of water in licenses BMC-7 and BMC-47. Statoil operates the field holding a 60% interest; Sinochem holds the remaining 40%.
Most Popular Articles
From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you