Updated: Jul 1 2010
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Support manufacturing, engineering and the field in the production of composite parts and tools that are utilized in down hole tool technologies. Be the primary chemical engineer that provides the newest technologies for increasing the temperature and pressure capabilities of the composite tools.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform Tests and Research on increasing Tg of Filament Wound Composites
- Perform Tests Throughout Stages Of Production To Determine Degree Of Control Over Variables, Including Materials, Temperatures and Pressure.
- Determine Down hole Range Of Operations Such As Downhole Environments, Loading Conditions and Temperature Ranges
- Prepare Estimate Of Prototype Type Cost Request For Management during development and research projects
- Perform Nonconformance work on Production Raw Materials at the Manufacturing Plant
- Perform Laboratory Studies Of Steps In Manufacture Of New Product Process for Filament Wound Composites
- Conduct Research To Develop New And Improved Resins and components.
- Assist in the Design And Plan Layout Of Equipment at the production manufacturing plant.
- Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and Increasing Capabilities of the products.
- Utilize the use of Nano technologies
- Be Involved in Support of Field Failures and/or Field Runs
- Minimum 2 yrs industry experience working with resins
- Engineering experience filament winding
- Familiar with Injection Molding
- BS Degree in Chemical or Chemistry
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available