Updated: Jun 10 2009
||Risk Management, Safety Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Closed - No longer accepting applications
A major Owner currently has a need for a Risk/Loss Prevention Engineer to join its team in Calgary in early July. It is important to note that while Air Energi does appreciate interest from international candidates for this role, and will gratefully add such resumes to appropriate files for future opportunities, given the nature of the Canadian Oil and Gas market, local candidates will be considered for this role.
As the Risk/Loss Prevention Engineer, you will provide overall guidance and leadership with respect to loss prevention for the project.
Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to the following:
To qualify for this role, you must possess the following skills/experience:
- Develop/maintain the project's Loss Prevention Philosophy.
- Ensure FEED Contractors' loss prevention plans are developed and effectively implemented and monitored.
- Conduct onsite checks to ensure equipment is being engineered according to the agreed loss prevention philosophy.
- Develop, maintain, and lead implementation of the project's Risk Management Plan.
- Assist in bringing risk management findings to closed status.
Air Energi would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for short list will be contacted.
- Interpretation of Corporate and Industry Standards for: storage tank preparation; spacing and layout requirements; fireproofing; relief and flare including isolation and depressurizing; survival systems, escape, evacuation and rescue; fire and gas detection and alarm systems; fire extinguishers and fire fighting; fire water systems, foam systems, CO2 systems, and water mist; passive fire protection; drains and sampling; site containment and drainage; shutdown systems; blast studies, consequence analysis, vapor dispersion analysis.
- Working experience with API 14C and PHA Works software.
- Scenario based qualitative risk assessments.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available