Must be a Civil Engineer with at least 1 year Project Management experience. Experience with Civil #D and/or Stormwater Software. Must have his/her PE but can be from another state besides West Virginia and can be from another state besides WVa. Must have some Oil & Gas or Energy experience.
The Project Manager is responsible for overall management of projects including design, communications, personnel management, budget, schedule, quality control and client communication/ relationship. The senior project manager interacts with most other departments and sub-consultants as necessary depending on the scope of the project. The senior project manager is responsible for maintaining existing and developing new client relationships, proposals and business development. A senior project manager may oversee other project managers within the department.
Supervises a team of engineers, designers and technicians and provides team with resources and technical guidance necessary for efficient, profitable, timely and technical project execution. Will supervise other supervisors and mentor and develop next level of Project Managers. Manage projects and sub-consultants from development of technical and price proposal to design and construction stage. Support client development functions and activities for new and existing clients.
Essential Job Functions:
• Promote and utilize quality assurance and quality control processes to improve the quality of deliverable and reduce design errors and omissions thereby resulting in a reduction in claims.
• Continually evaluate workload and collaborate with his reporting Director to insure appropriate staffing is supplied at the right level of expertise to successfully complete each task assignment.
• Assist in preparing workload forecasting reports
• Assist in business development as prime contact for a select group of clients.
• Maintain professional certification in field of expertise.
• Provide daily technical oversight to projects
• Assist in evaluation of industry trends to determine adjustments needed to business development efforts so sales and revenue goals are met.
• Provide input in quarterly sales forecasting.
• Promote knowledge leadership development amongst self and staff.
• Actively participate in client development activities, as directed.
• Actively participate in interviews of prospective employees.
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and project stakeholders
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members, project stakeholders and clients in a timely and clear fashion
• Estimate necessary project resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
• Define project scope and budgets for proposals and oversee marketing department personnel in the development of proposal and response to RFP's.
• Monitor project scope and budget throughout project duration
• Document and communicate out of scope work with clients and execute contract amendments or design change orders when necessary
• Prioritize and coordinate staff schedules to complete multiple projects/tasks
• Coach, mentor and motivate project team members and sub-consultants
• Advise, coach and mentor project manager/s who report to him/her
• Responsible for knowing and complying with environmental, survey, and all other rules, regulations and permitting requirements within his/her discipline
• Prepare Statement of Interests, Technical and Price Proposals to secure new work.
• Invoice projects on a prompt basis, minimum monthly.
• Perform engineer of record duties as necessary on final project documents and seals project documents with professional engineers seal.
• Assist Department Director with development of departmental strategic plans and initiatives.
• Manage sub-consultants and ensure meeting project commitments and quality.
• Review and approve staff timesheets, expense sheets and weekly time/expense reports for projects.
• Perform staff evaluations and assist Department Director with hiring decisions.
• Client development as requested and required with both existing and potential clients.
• Maintain PE license and up to date training necessary to retain proficiency, career growth and licensure.
Secondary Job Functions:
• Present projects at client, municipal and public meetings to secure approvals and public input.
• Participate in Engineering Societies, conferences and Chamber of Commerce events to existing and potential clients.
• Meet with existing and potential clients to present qualifications and develop opportunities for future assignments.
• Maintain active membership in national, state and local industry and professional trade associations for their geographic region of responsibilities.
• Be extremely knowledgeable of current laws and regulations in geographic region of responsibilities.
• Ability to provide oversight of technical staff and answer technical questions as they arise.
• Perform annual reviews of staff and assist in preparation of career development plans
• Address any issues from client follow-up surveys, as directed
• Disseminate goals and objectives of company to staff and promote them
• Assist in addressing employee issues through appropriate means as adopted by policies & procedures.
• MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor of Technology or Science in Engineering specific to the discipline.
• DESIRED EDUCATION: Post-graduate degree in the specific A/E/S discipline
• MINIMUM CERTIFICATION: EIT or other mid-level, discipline-specific certification
• DESIRED CERTIFICATION: PE
• MINIMUM SYSTEMS OR PROGRAM NEEDS/EXPERIENCE - intermediate level of knowledge with MS office products, intermediate to advanced knowledge of autocad and design software, intermediate to advanced knowledge of Deltek Visions
• MINIMUM EQUIVALENT WORKING EXPERIENCE IN YEARS - 4 or more years of Project Management experience within the specific A/E/S discipline
• DESIRED EQUIVALENT WORKING EXPERIENCE IN YEARS - 8 or more years of Project Management experience within the specific A/E/S discipline
• TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS - Occasional overnight or extended stays.
• Ability to think independently and as part of a Project Team
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to interact with clients, vendors, regulatory agencies and other external sources in a professional manner.
Physical Demands/Working Requirements
• Occasional lifting, walking, standing, reaching and use of hands as typically found in an office environment and occasionally in a field environment.
• This position is not A Safety-Sensitive position.
• All employees are responsible for evaluating the safety of their workspace and notifying their manager, Human Resources and/or the Safety Committee of any concerns you may have.