Safety Management Systems
Updated: Mar 21 2014
||HSE Manager / Advisor, QA / QC / Inspection, Regulatory Compliance
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Lafayette, LA, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Safety Management Systems has an immediate opening for a full time QHSE Supervisor based in Lafayette, LA.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Work with corporate HSE Manager to develop and implement company's HSE management system.
• Supervise HSE and Quality Assurance team, including the QHSE Coordinators.
• Develop, implement, and oversee QHSE metric for performance improvement of all company's services provided and generates reports for management and customers as needed.
• Provide expertise and QHSE resources to executive and senior management, as well as, supervisors and employees.
• Review, develop, and implement strategies and QHSE systems and processes targeted at continued and substantial improvement in QHSE performance and compliance.
• Manage and oversee all internal and customer-driven QHSE training requirements and reports for employees.
• Conduct investigations for incidents and injuries. Determine root cause(s) and prepare appropriate corrective actions and documentation.
• Ensure offshore and land based worksites are in compliance with company, state, and federal regulations. Conduct risk assessments and inspections and provide corrective/preventive measures.
• Communicate company's HSE management system and policies and procedures to management and customers.
• Partner with managers, supervisors, and employees to effectively manage safety and environmental regulatory compliance, conform to corporate policy, and meet the requirements of customers and local regulatory agencies.
• Work with management and customers to prepare any necessary documentation needed for audits.
• Assist corporate HSE Manager with creation of HSE policy and procedure manual.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in the Oil and Gas Industry with an emphasis in safety required
• Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred
• HSE related credentials preferred (OHST, ASP, CSP)
• Quality Assurance experience preferred
• Excellent communication skills to communicate effectively, in verbal or written forms, with employees, customers, or the general public
• Excellent organizational skills and problem solving skills
• Proficient in the use of PC applications such as Microsoft Office products, (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, etc.)
• Ability to go to offshore and land worksites, maintain HUET, CORE, and other relevant training
• Must be willing to travel
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available