Denbury Resources Inc. (NYSE: DNR) is a growing independent oil and gas company. The Company is the largest oil and natural gas producer in both Mississippi and Montana, owns the largest reserves of carbon dioxide (CO2) used for tertiary oil recovery east of the Mississippi River, and holds significant operating acreage in the Rocky Mountain and Gulf Coast regions.
The Company's goal is to increase the value of acquired properties through a combination of exploitation, drilling and proven engineering extraction practices, with its most significant emphasis on CO2 tertiary recovery operations.
Seeking a full time Mechanic for the Baker, MT. oil fields with Industrial Compressor experience.
This is a non-exempt position. The Mechanic reports directly either to the Area Production Foreman, Field Foreman or CO2 Specialist.
The Sr. Mechanic performs a variety of duties regarding installation, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting and overhauling of machry and/or mechanical equipment including but not limited to reciprocating gas compressors, natural gas fired engines, diesel engines and /or triplex and centrifugal pumps. Particular emphasis on Industrial Compressor troubleshooting, repair, maintenance and re-build.
The Mechanic is responsible for the service, maintenance and repair of the company's equipment, including compressors and motors. Performs major mechanical overhauls with minimal supervision. Verifies dimensions, specifications, and tolerances using blueprints. May be located at a central repair shop or may make repairs at well sites.
Other responsibilities include:
• Ensures that mechanical equipment within a limited area of operations are properly installed, operating within design limits, repaired and maintained.
• Conduct field mechanical practices while providing the Company with the best probability of success in a timely manner while minimizing downtime and expenditures.
• Follow and adhere to company policy regarding bids, pricing agreements and procurement of materials and services.
• Recognize potential hazards to operations and provide protection for both human beings and equipment. Ensure that operations conducted under his control or supervision comply with the Company's HSE policies and/or governing agencies.
• Ensure that the required reporting and records of daily operations, daily costs, related material transfers, etc. are prepared and reported timely and accurately.
• Timely advises, informs and/or assists immediate supervisor and/or other personnel of his directed operations that could potentially effect other operations.
• Keep abreast of technological developments within the industry and maintain beneficial contacts.
• Assure that he or his contractors conduct themselves in such a way that the Company is well represented to service suppliers, landowners and regulatory agencies.
The Sr. Mechanic works functionally and as necessarily with other mechanics, production/lease operators, field technicians, or specialists. The Mechanic may have Mechanic Helpers or Assistant Mechanics as subordinates.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Typically requires trade school plus 5 or more years of experience as a mechanic working with reciprocating gas compressors, natural gas fired engines, diesel engines and /or triplex and centrifugal pumps.
• Must have extensive experience with Industrial Compressors troubleshooting, repair, maintenance and over haul/re-build.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work will primarily be conducted in an office environment; however, travel may be required and may include many settings including the district office, field offices, and oil and gas production facilities on land and water. Work may require standing, stooping, walking, climbing, carrying instruments weighing up to 50 pounds, and wearing various personal protective equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Compensation and Benefits
Denbury Resources offers a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary.
Outstanding Denbury Benefits Include:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits on 1st Day of Employment!
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan, with company contribution
- Great Long Term Incentives, i.e. Equity Opportunities
- 401k, including company match
- Generous Vacation/Sick Time
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Employer-paid Life, short term and long term insurance
- Gift Matching Program
- Educational Assistance Program
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Club Reimbursement
- Relaxed work culture
Denbury Resources is an equal opportunity employer and is a Drug Free Environment.
High School Diploma or GED required
Trade School highly preferred