Updated: Mar 14 2014
||Regulatory Compliance, Safety Officer, DOT - Hazmat
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Nashport, OH, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Key Position Responsibilities
This is a leadership position with an oversight of existing safety support staff strategically located within an asset area. This position will focus on aspects of health, safety and DOT - Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) compliance for the EnLink Clearfield Assets. Responsible for increasing safety performance and awareness within the operating groups as well as those contractors or visitors at the Clearfield site locations.
The EnLink Clearfield Assets consist of employees with operations involving crude storage facilities, pipelines, salt water disposal operations and hazmat trucking assets in Ohio, West Virginia and Kentucky geographical areas.
• This individual will provide direct leadership to the local Safety Compliance Specialists and provide indirect leadership to E/O and Commercial operations to ensure that the execution of the Company initiatives while simultaneously reducing risk of injury and ensuring compliance
• Perform duties necessary to ensure health and safety compliance, including but not limited to oversight of the company's safety training programs, conducting site and contractor incident investigations and safety reviews, conducting hazard assessments, participation in EnLink public awareness meetings and leading FMCSA/DOT compliance.
• This individual will work with operations and assist in the implementation of EH&S programs as dictated by the company.
• Will be responsible for ensuring that all driver qualifications, files for vehicles and hazmat-related transportation activities are properly filed and up to date
• This position will require travel throughout the Clearfield Asset areas. Overnight travel will be necessary but should be limited in frequency and in duration.
• Compliance Department peers and direct reports
• Asset area Operations leadership
• Engineering staff and company management
• Consultants and contractors (engineering, EH&S, legal, etc.)
• Regulatory agency representatives
• General public
Key Essential Qualifications
• Candidate must possess a bachelor's degree and have a working knowledge of applicable Occupational Safety & Health Administrations (OSHA) 29 CFR 1910 and 1926 regulations as well as Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations under 49 CFR 385-397.
• Five to ten years of direct experience in the safety field; have the ability to implement, administer and evaluate the effectiveness of health and safety programs with hands-on experience in providing health and safety training.
• Must have excellent written and oral communications skills, organizational and planning skills, facilitation and computer skills.
• Must have the ability to achieve results through influencing others and posses flexibility while being both analytical and detailed-oriented.
• Previous hazmat transportation, pipeline or brine water and crude oil experience preferred.
Sorry...No relocation or sponsorships
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available