Updated: Dec 10 2013
||Directional Driller, Drilling Consultant, Well Site Supervisor, directional drilling, extended reach, horizontal, hole condition monitoring, cleaning
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Job description Senior Extended Reach Drilling (ERD) Well Site Advisor
Our client provides performance improvement solutions for complex wells and extended reach drilling (ERD) for clients in the oil and gas drilling industry. Services offered include: Planning (Engineering), Training (Engineering and/or Operational) and Execution (Hole Condition Monitoring). In most cases the rig based (execution) services are provided on a contractual basis by ERD Well Site Advisors. Client base includes Major, Independent, and National Oil Companies throughout the world.
- Provide Well Site hole condition monitoring and wellsite surveillance services to our clients using proprietary Torque and drag and hydraulics predictive software to ensure their well is drilled in an efficient manner with minimal risk.
- Act as Well Site hole condition monitoring expert and technical liaison.
- Provide accurate and timely daily well reports, comparing the measured and predicted loads and pressures and using other information available on the rig to determine the condition of the hole and any remedial actions to be performed.
- Provide immediate recommendations/solutions to any deviations in drilling activity to the appropriate member of the rig management team.
- Provide real time Well Site hole condition assessment during tripping and backreaming through potentially troublesome zones to enforce the use of the approved procedures and practices.
- Monitor the drilling operation including: drilling parameters, drilling & tripping practices, mud properties, solids control performance, vibration behavior (axial, lateral, stick-slip), and general geologic environment and geohazards (abrasive sands, differential sticking, wellbore instability, etc.).
- Provide technical advice, on-the-job training, and application support for products and services.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as applicable laws and regulations where we operate.
- Promote and practice good communication at all times.
Requirements Senior Extended Reach Drilling (ERD) Well Site Advisor
Experience, Aptitude and Qualifications:
- 10+ years relevant industry experience with complex wells and/or ERD wells
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or science equivalent from an accredited school - preferred but not essential
- Strong project management skills
- Well Control Training preferred but not essential
- Health Safety Environmental & Quality Training
- Must be willing to work for extended periods of time in isolated field locations
- Exhibit excellent customer service/client relationship skills
- Possess strong project management abilities
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills using Engineering packages and normal Microsoft products (Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Open minded "Self-Starter" attitude with a strong desire to learn
- Must be fluent in English - Ability to communicate on the rig in Spanish, Russian or Portuguese would also be an advantage
- Have the legal right to work in either USA or UK without sponsorship
- Up-to-date health assessment and be medically fit to work at rig sites as well as in the office without restrictions
- Be willing and able to travel domestically (UK) and internationally and willing to work in isolated field locations
- The well site advisor position is a commuting position to and from the rig - similar to DD/MWD/ML crews
Terms & Conditions Senior Extended Reach Drilling (ERD) Well Site Advisor
- Rotating Field Based (21/21) - Contract or Permanent
- Competitive day rates
- Several positions are available worldwide
- A suitable individual with capability to take on a future operations management role would be considered for a staff position.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available