Petrobras America Inc.
Updated: Dec 5 2013
||Mechanical Engineering, Reliability Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Pasadena, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Provide mechanical/metallurgical engineering technical advice and assistance toward the solution of engineering and maintenance problems associated with the designs, maintenance and/or operation of petroleum refinery facilities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiate and make formal recommendations to Maintenance and Operations for equipment repairs, replacement and/or improvement in equipment reliability (Priorities around this would be driven by criticality - defined by consequential/likelihood agreed upon assessments).
- Recommend to operations and maintenance items to include in turnaround work (per the TAR procedures/process). During turnarounds, ascertain conditions of mechanical equipment working with Plant Inspectors and Maintenance personnel. Make recommendations to repair or replace. Provide input into post-turnaround reports.
- Provide mechanical engineering technical advice and support daily in solving maintenance problems, which exist or develop in refinery facilities.
- Provide maintenance with technical guidance and procedural information.
- Develop maintenance projects (Specifically Develop Engineering Job Pacakges (EJ) based on recurring asset or system issues and provide necessary MOC's for changes with cost justifications) and coordinate other groups in getting drawings and specifications done. Review bids and recommend award of material orders (per PRSI specifications) and labor contractors.
- Perform reliability studies on refinery equipment, including engineering calculations, to determine optimum solutions to problems consistent with defined KPI's (Refinery and Department Key Performance Indicators).
- Review and provide technical input into capital projects, particularly in the review of plans and specifications for concurrence with PRSI requirements in mechanical design and maintainability of facilities and provide project request information with cost analysis to projects.
- Provide guidance and interpretation of Consultant advisories and interaction with other local owners on plant RCM (reliability centered maintenance) matters.
- Provide mechanical engineering consultation (materials/corrosion engineering solutions).
- Monitor installation or modifications to facilities and provide technical guidance during installation
- Maintain and improve mechanical reliability program
- Prepare small engineering job (EJ) design packages
- Conduct RCFA as needed and FMECA
- Research attend local seminars and Implement best practices
- Facilitate Reliability Improvement Teams and Reliability Centered Maintenance for area of responsibility (Cross Functional Team analyzing problems and recommending engineering solutions) to resolve reliability issues
- Work with reliability technicians with condition monitoring and audit criticality and vibration routes for condition monitoring effectiveness
- Provide training as requested and or needed
- Develop procedures as needed for reliability and mechanical integrity
- Work with unit inspectors inspection recommendations and provide engineering job packages
- Must abide by all HSE policies and guidelines.
- BS Mechanical Engineering from credited university. Must have functional knowledge of computer operations (i.e. Windows, Word, etc.) Must have a good mechanical aptitude with related environment with the desire to excel.
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills, interface well with operators, crafts persons and supervisory personnel and be able to clearly understand, issue and follow instructions.
- Ability to analyze technical data and problems, formulate appropriate recommendations and work independently. Initiative and strong sense of professional responsibility are considered essential.
- Five years experience in refinery or petrochemical application with concentrations in rotating machinery and/or process disciplines.
Pasadena, Texas, United States
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available