Petrobras America Inc.
Updated: Dec 5 2013
||Chemical Engineering, Process Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Pasadena, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
To perform and/or manage advanced process engineering tasks and projects with limited supervision. These may include an assignment of defined process units, or general refinery responsibility.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate new process technologies.
- Prepare process design basis and specifications for revamp and new projects.
- Review and approve process calculations.
- Perform design work as required.
- Serve as project manager as required.
- Act as a coordinator for refinery performance studies such as Solomon study.
- Provide expertise and training to other engineers.
- Perform process studies.
- Identify process unit bottlenecks thorough use of process simulators.
- Perform economic evaluations as necessary.
- Monitor refinery operating units.
- Make heat and material balances as required.
- Makes hydraulic studies.
- Size pumps, vessels, heat exchangers, etc.
- Review governmental regulation and determine their affect on the refinery.
- Evaluate new process unit impact on refinery operations.
- Must abide by all HSE policies and guidelines.
- Serve as PRSI representative in Engineering Contractors Offices.
- Supervise the work of other Process Engineers.
- Minimum education is BS in Chemical Engineering or an approved equivalent;
- Minimum work experience required is ten years or refinery or related.
Pasadena, Texas, United States
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available