Updated: Nov 13 2013
||Accounting or Finance
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The primary function of the Trading Business Services Gas Settlements Analyst role will work to actualize volumes and resolve any volume issues with customers, schedulers, and deal makers; process settlements for physical gas sales & purchases activity, prepare customer invoicing, reconcile discrepancies with customers and deal makers, and provide excellent customer support. The Analyst reports directly to the Manager.
• Build and strengthen relationships with the Commercial and functional teams within NAGP as well as with external customers. Collaborate with commercial team in meeting customer needs and improving customer satisfactions.
• Reconcile volumes against pipeline entitlements; work with Schedulers or deal makers to resolve issues.
• Generate customer invoices and supporting documentation
• Monitor customer payment status to ensure timely receipt of payments; follow up with past due customers to ensure collection
• Document collection actions in SAP
• Identify invoice discrepancies and payment defaults, working with customers and vendors to resolve, escalating as appropriate
• Initiate vendor invoice payments
• Monitor multiple control report data and analyze and resolve discrepancies
• Provide invoice and supporting documentation as necessary in response to internal/external audits and litigation
• Assist in forecast of incoming cash
• Promote an environment of excellent execution implementing continuous improvement in efficiency and effectiveness
• Provide commitment to safety and compliance
• Actively participate in and support special projects throughout the year
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably in accounting or finance, or equivalent experience.
• 1-3 years of knowledge/experience in gas trading and marketing business
• Advanced Excel skills
• Experience in providing excellent customer service
• Strong analytical skills
• Assertive, self-starter with a bias for action coupled with high integrity, confidence, and credibility
• Ability to build strong relationships and effectively interface with staff from all disciplines
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple/conflicting priorities and deliver under pressure
• Good business judgment in dealing with sensitive business issues
• Results oriented with strong follow through and the ability to bring accountabilities to timely completion. Commitment to delivery is essential
• Ability to adapt to changing situations and fosters a positive attitude; builds enthusiasm for making things work better
• Team player promoting a positive team environment - working with colleagues in a positive and friendly way, expressing appreciation of others' contributions.
• Looking for innovative ways to do things better, faster, and more efficiently
• Good understanding of internal controls.
• Flexibility to work overtime as necessary
The following skill sets would be a plus:
• Pipeline and pipeline bulletin board knowledge
• Equity sales/purchases experience
• Experience and knowledge of SAP
• Netback pricing knowledge
• Business Objects skills
• Access database skills
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available