Updated: Apr 4 2014
||Chemical Engineering, Process Engineer, Refinery Specialist, Strong PDP Design Experience
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
CB&I's Lummus Refining and Gasification Business Unit is responsible for licensing the E-Gas technology for coal and petcoke gasification projects. The E-Gas technology converts coal and petcoke into syngas for utilization in Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle plants, Substitute Natural Gas plants, Coal to Liquids and Coal to Chemical plants. The Process Engineering group provides comprehensive process engineering services throughout the project life cycle from Feasibility Studies, through Engineering, Procurement, & Construction, Commissioning, Start-up and into
• B.S. or M.S. in Chemical Engineering
• 15 - 20 years relevant experience preferred
• Significant Lead Process Engineer experience on major projects
• Possess credibility in communications with clients and team members
• Strong planning and execution skills
• Ability to influence and motivate others
• Possess command of process engineering fundamentals
• Proficient in ASPEN Plus process simulation program preferred
• Experience in gasification and related technologies preferred
• Ability to travel internationally to meetings and plant sites (up to 20%)
The Sr PPL Process Engineer assists the Business Development group in preparation of licensing proposals and works directly with customers to customize a gasification process design to meet the customer's needs. Once an E-Gas license agreement is executed the Sr PPL Process Engineer works closely with the Project Manager and to lead the development of the Process Design Package (PDP). As the project lead, the Sr PPL Process Engineer will follow the project through detailed design, providing technical support to the Engineering Contractor.
• Responsible for development of Project Design Basis documents.
• Creates the project execution plan, including schedule and assignment of project activities.
• Coordinates project activities between multiple execution offices.
• Participates in development of PDP deliverables, including: H&MBs, PFDs, P&IDs, Sized Equipment Lists, Equipment Data Sheets, Utility Summaries, Cause & Effect Tables, Control Narratives, Effluent Summaries, and Electrical Load Lists.
• Ensures PDP deliverable quality and consistency
• Presents work products to clients at PFD and P&ID review meetings.
• Participates in project HAZOP reviews
• Participates in start-up and technical service field assignments
• Updates design calculation tools and standard deliverable templates based on lessons learned from previous projects.
• Attends training and supports technology development projects.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available