Updated: Apr 4 2014
||Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Refinery Specialist
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Bloomfield, NJ, US
||Part Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
• General Description includes basic mechanical design and analysis of assigned deliverables in a CB&I project including specific complex deliverables such as pressure vessels heat transfer equipment and piping.
• Work includes, among other things, development / conceptual studies, cost and planning studies, layouts, design calculations, specification development, reviewing vendor packages, shop and field inspections, and home office and field trouble-shooting for equipment and piping systems.
• Maintains and promotes a focus on CB&I's end product whether engineering, fabrication or construction.
• Ensures effective communications among other engineering disciplines.
• Ensures effective management of change.
• Assumes responsibility for cost, schedule,quantity and budget control.
• BSME degree
• Typically has the following years of detail mechanical engineering experience:
• Level III: 4-7
• Is familiar with codes and standards of ASME, API and ANSI and
• Is generally current on latest scientific and engineering methods.
• Possesses a technical knowledge of the detail design engineering process.
• Experience with vessel and piping design software (specifically COMPRESS, Caesar II, NozzlePro, FE/Pipe).
• Experience with generic design/drafting software (specifically AutoCAD, Inventor, ProEngineer).
• Experience with Finite Element Analysis (specifically ANSYS).
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available