FUNCTION TITLE: TECHNICAL SAFETY ENGINEER
Job Code: JC-ETTP-01-0913
START DATE: ASAP
DURATION: 1 year (renewable)
WORKING SCHEDULE: TBA
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Contract
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES:
Technical Safety Engineer, ensures all SSHE hazards are identified, and risks are assessed and managed with the ALARP concept within CLIENT's projects and operations. The job holder provides expertise and support to projects, assets and divisions on and technical safety engineering approach including development of procedures, techniques, usage of tools/software proper to identifying hazards and managing the risks to ALARP. The job holder conducts SSHE studies and provides recommendations to project and operational assets. The job holder is either based in Corporate head office in Bangkok or assigned project/asset office/operational sites with frequent missions required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Develop CLIENT's Technical Safety Engineering Specifications related to technical safety engineering in onshore or offshore oil and gas exploration and production work which is at least equivalent to national regulation, international code & design standard and industrial best practice, including review Engineering Specifications from other disciplines.
Develop and maintain SSHE MS standards, procedures, philosophy and guidelines related to technical safety and safety engineering which is at least equivalent to national regulation and international best practice.
Provide consultation and apply CLIENT's technical safety engineering process throughout all phases of project development including exploration, conceptual studies, pre-project, engineering design, construction and installation, commissioning and start-up, development drilling, production and facilities management, and abandonment. This is included of but not limited to;
- Provide input, review and prepare Formal Safety Assessments e.g. fire and explosion, consequence analysis, gas dispersion and thermal radiation study, etc.
- Lead Hazops, Hazids, etc. and issue final reports and follow up close out of actions.
- Lead / participate in technical reviews and audits.
- Study and evaluation of modifications.
- Assessment of Management of Change (MOC) e.g. safety deviations, Downgraded Situations, Deferral.
- Facilitate, review, and provide advice on specific safety studies regarding technical safety engineering for projects, assets and divisions as necessary.
- Use appropriate software and tools for safety analysis, calculation and design aids e.g. PHAST, FRED
- Investigate High Potential Incident (HPI) / Accident, and provide advice on preventive measures and remedial actions to ensure all actions are taken properly.
- Perform regular audit for compliance with CLIENT's SSHE Management System based on SSHE Audit and Review Standard.
- Initiate program/campaign which assist to promote safety awareness and prevent major accident in CLIENT's operations.
- Produce, organize and coordinate the production of technical safety database and reports.
- Coaching young engineer
- Develop Safety Case for new assets and review/update existing Safety Case
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- Good understanding of oil and gas exploration and production process.
- Good knowledge of industrial and best practice of SSHE Management System.
- Good knowledge of industry Codes, Standards and legislation on SSHE aspect.
- Good knowledge of marine vessel design code e.g. IMO standard, ABS/DNV Marine Class.
- 5 - 15 years experience as Technical Safety Engineer.
- 5 - 15 years experience in onshore or offshore work.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge in technical safety engineering process, safety study and safety analysis techniques such as;
- Facilitate or lead HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, JSA, QRA, SIMOPS, Bow Tie.
- Develop, implement and update Safety Case.
- Perform project technical review and operational technical review.
- Ability to use safety analysis software i.e. PHAST, FlareSim, FRED, BOWTIE, etc.
- Understand the incident/accident investigation techniques.
- Knowledge of application of Process Safety requirements in the EP industry.
- Strong leadership skills and good communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good command of written and spoken in English