Updated: Nov 18 2013
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||State College, PA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Job Title: Geologist
Location: State College, Pennsylvania
The candidate will work as part of an interdisciplinary team planning and executing Eclipse Resources unconventional and conventional drilling program.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Management of unconventional drilling program including planning and geosteering of horizontal Utica and Marcellus wells.
2. Prospect generator and team lead to bring new projects to management.
3. Recommend data acquisitions necessary for delineating plays.
4. Geologic mapping using well log, petrophysical and seismic data.
5. Occasional well site work required.
Education and Qualifications
1. M.S. in Geology with an emphasis in petroleum geology.
2. 5 years of oil and gas industry experience preferred.
Requirements and Skills
1. Unconventional shale and geosteering experience.
2. Appalachian Basin experience highly preferred.
3. Proven track record of prospect generation.
4. Basic proficiency with 2D and 3D seismic.
5. Experience using Geographix and Boresight geosteering software a plus.
6. Strong organizational and time management skills.
7. Ability to work independently.
8. Basic knowledge of basin analysis methods.
Compensation and Benefits
1. Competitive salary and benefits package.
2. Health, dental, vision, disability and life insurances available.
3. 401(k) with company match.
4. Bonus potential based on reaching performance targets.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available