Concentration in Petroleum Engineering/Reservoir Engineering/Production Engineering
Manages the daily operations of assigned oil and gas field(s) by: preparing, reviewing, approving, and supervising drilling, completions, workovers, recompletions, and surface production facility modifications/installations; monitoring daily/weekly production and expenses to ensure that monthly forecast goals are met; reviewing operations for prospective acquisitions; and managing and supervising technical and administrative personnel in the operations group, production reporting group, field supervisors, and field operators.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Manages and supervises specific operations according to geographic area to achieve goals within available resources; plans and organizes workloads and staff assignments; trains, motivates, and evaluates assigned staff; and reviews progress and directs changes as needed.
2. Conducts short and long-range operations studies, reports, and makes recommendations.
3. Manages and monitors daily production from assigned fields to sustain maximum sales volumes for assigned geographic area of company's assets.
4. Manages and supervises procedures for workovers, re-completions, and formation stimulations.
5. Reviews well files and develops procedures and cost estimates for authorization for expenditures (AFE's) for recompletions and complex workovers.
6. Obtains bids and coordinates equipment and personnel for the field operations.
7. Reviews and approves all operated and non-operated authorization for expenditures (AFE), for the assigned area.
8. Monitors daily production activities, reviews daily activity reports from all drilling and completion activities, weekly cash flow projections, and non-op workover reports.
9. Oversees Fleet maintenance and replacement program
10. Reviews and approves purchase order (PO) log, authorization for expenditures (AFE) invoices, invoices over established limit, and approves all contracts related to operations (i.e. gauging, utility, compressor, etc.).
11. Oversees permit application and renewals for spill prevention, contingencies and control and all other permits necessary for company operations and production.
12. Participates in senior staff, operations, acquisition, exploitation, and lifting cost meetings.
13. Conducts field visits to company-operated assets to evaluate operations and maintain a safe and environmentally conscience workplace.
14. Complete special projects assigned by management.
15. Reviews Lease Operating Statements (LOS) for operated and non-operated properties and responds to variances.
16. Conduct field visits to prospective properties to be acquired to identify methods to increase production, lower expenses, and address safety issues.
17. Coordinates activities and resolutions to problems with various departments to ensure efficiency.
18. Oversees daily activity of service rigs and road maintenance crews.
Other Job Responsibilities:
• Assists with hiring and retention of personnel.
• Ability to be available 24 hours per day (on call for questions, emergencies, etc.).
• Maintains employee confidence and protects company assets, including intellectual property, by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional associations.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results, as needed.
• Oversees company fleet vehicles (including ATVs and snowmobiles).
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year university or college with a degree in engineering is required.