Updated: Sep 27 2013
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||State College, PA, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Job Title: Operations Geologist
Location: State College, Pennsylvania
The candidate will work as part of an interdisciplinary team planning and executing Eclipse Resources unconventional drilling program.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for the geosteering of horizontal Utica and Marcellus wells.
2. Coordinates mud logging and geophysical logging services.
3. Maintains QC well log and core databases.
4. Structural mapping and correlation.
5. Occasional well site work required.
Education and Qualifications
1. B.S. in geology, M.S. preferred with an emphasis in petroleum geology.
2. 2 years of oil and gas industry experience preferred.
Requirements and Skills
1. Experience using Geographix and Boresight geosteering software a plus.
2. Strong organizational and time management skills.
3. Ability to work independently.
4. Must be able to work long hours and on nights and weekends, when necessary.
5. Must be able to perform field work involving some lifting of samples and equipment, climbing and standing for long periods of time.
6. Knowledge of stratigraphic interpretations methods.
7. Basic knowledge of basin analysis methods.
8. Familiar with geophysical logs and logging operations.
Compensation and Benefits
1. Competitive salary and benefits package.
2. Health, dental, vision, disability and life insurances available.
3. 401(k) with company match.
4. Bonus potential based on reaching performance targets.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available