ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is transforming from an integrated oil and gas company with downstream operations into a focused, higher growth, lower risk, pure-play E&P company. When the announced divestitures are completed, we will become a leading global independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We operate primarily in five major areas of the world where we have extensive knowledge and experience: Gulf of Mexico, North Sea, West Africa, Southeast Asia and onshore U.S. In America we are a leader in shale oil and gas production and one of the largest operators in the Bakken formation, North Dakota.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We seek smart people who are innovative, share our values and want to make a meaningful difference in the world and in their careers.
We are committed to meeting the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities in which we do business.
For additional information regarding Hess Corporation, visit our website at www.hess.com.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Make operating changes necessary for safe and efficient well operation
* Relay operating/safety problems or concerns to supervisor
* Trouble shooting production equipment or well failures
* Perform minor repairs on failed operating equipment
* Daily production data entry work
* Adhere to written operating procedures for shutdown and startup of equipment
* Adhere to lockout/ tagout procedures in preparing equipment for maintenance work
* Actively participate in various elements of process safety
* Actively participate in tailgate safety meetings, JSA-s and monthly safety meetings
* Participate in emergency response activities as required
* Participate in HazOp reviews as required
* Daily review of Theta, XSpoc, and Iconics
* Assist keeping well locations free of trash, weeds, and general clutter
* Perform daily SPCC inspections and document results
* Knowledge of safety/environmental requirements and practices
* Must be physically able to climb stairs, operate valves and pumps and perform maintenance work under air supplied breathing equipment
* Must be willing to work night callouts, weekends and holidays according to the normal operating schedule
* Proven safety experience/training regarding oil and gas operations including but not limited to, confined space, lock out tag out, H2S, personal protective equipment, etc.
* Must have valid drivers license
Education, Training & Certifications
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Computer literate
* Willing to accept responsibility and accountability with a positive attitude
* Good communication skills
* Team player
Hess is an equal opportunity employer
Date: Tue, 24 09 2013 00:00:00 GMT Shift Type: Employee
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available