DNV (Det Norske Veritas)
Updated: Oct 17 2013
||Instrument & Controls Engineer, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Katy, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Job Description :
The Det Norske Veritas (DNV) Group is divided among three principal operating companies (DNV Maritime, Oil & Gas; DNV Business Assurance and DNV KEMA Energy and Sustainability), and governed as an independent foundation with the objective of safeguarding life, property, and the environment. Since 1864, when the foundation was established in Norway, we have grown from our shipping roots to become a worldwide industry leader and provider of Risk Management services. DNV has a network of 300 offices in about 100 countries with over 10,000 employees worldwide.
DNV Maritime is responsible for the maintenance of Class and Statutory compliance for ships and mobile offshore units (production, drilling, and support; semi-submersible, jack-up, and ship-shaped) operating in the Gulf of Mexico and worldwide.
DNV Maritime's District Gulf of Mexico is looking for Approval Engineers to join our team in the Houston Approval Center. Approval Center Houston is the main Classification Approval Center for the Division Americas and the hub for engineering resources in various disciplines supporting the Region. Due to expansion, we are looking for qualified ship/offshore installation Plan Approval Engineers in our Houston, Texas office for the following areas:
Pressure Vessel Engineer
The candidate should have an in-depth technical knowledge, a high degree of professional integrity, along with a positive and enthusiastic attitude. We are looking for an experienced engineer who is a self-starter. Good interpersonal/communication skills with motivation and an eagerness to learn and develop is a must.
Major Duties for Pressure Vessel Engineers:
- Design verification of pressure vessels and piping systems
- Project management
- Customer service management
- Some physical survey of construction, repair and modification of such equipment is required (travel will be limited).
- Participation in key standard's committees (e.g., API, ISO) & support further development of DNV Rules/Standards/RPs
Job Requirements :
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (aerospace, ocean engineering, petroleum, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge in the design of pressure vessels
- Good working knowledge of pressure vessel software (e.g., Compress, CAESAR II, etc)
- Familiarity with relevant industry codes and standards such as API, ASME, ANSI, NACE, BS and ISO standards
- Manufacturing experience and/or operational support of pressure vessels is preferred.
- Understanding of the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) is highly preferred.
Local conditions of employment
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available