This position provides engineering, estimating and other technical services for pipeline construction, rehabilitation and maintenance projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Understand, practice and continually lead by example Doyon Associated's commitment to zero incident safety and environmental culture
• Assure compliance with pipeline construction safety and environmental standards
• Coordinate with DAL's Safety Supervisor to ensure all client and environmental permits are on hand and current
• Coordinate client required and environmental permits
• Understand and ensure adherence to applicable codes and regulations, client standard operating procedures, management of change and corporate standards
• Prepare all appropriate calculations, plans, documentation and recommendations to include hydrotest planning, developing lifting plans, developing field work plans and monitoring daily construction activities
• Write daily, weekly and monthly status reports and submit to Project Manager for inclusion in client reports
• Review all timesheets to ensure accurate cost coding
• Function as a technical expert to project field team for interpretation of various codes, laws and regulations
• Ensure vital and important records are retained and kept current for inclusion in document turnover packages
• Frequent communication with project field team leaders and client supervision
• Timely preparation and submittal of accurate fabrication drawings to fabrication facilities
• Constant and close coordination with fabrication facilities to ensure on time spool deliveries to job sites
• Prepare all as-built drawings for official project documentation turnover to client
• Ensure applicable client requirements are incorporated into DAL processes and procedures
• Coordinate with client technical authorities to obtain interpretations of technical requirements and to resolve related issues
• Closely work with DAL managers and supervisors to ensure understanding and compliance with all project requirements
• Provide technical assistance and advice on new pipeline construction, rehabilitation of existing pipelines, and oilfield maintenance projects
• Ensure all construction activities comply with contractual requirements
• Ensure all construction activities comply with all applicable permits, established construction and engineering standards and codes, safety and environmental rules, quality control criteria, drawings, and specifications
• Other duties as assigned
• Must understand the risks of pipeline construction and rehabilitation and continually take proactive measures to mitigate all safety and environmental hazards.
• Must understand the importance of safety and quality workmanship and continually take proactive measures to ensure all construction activities meet or exceed corporate and client criteria and standards.
• Excellent understanding of contract provisions which address scope of work, design criteria and DAL compensation.
• Ability to work in a team environment, take directions from supervisor(s), high degree of attention to details, follow work rules, and adhere to established work schedules.
• Well-balanced interpersonal skills
• Develop and maintain close working relationships with client's technical authorities, project supervision and all other personnel and departments associated with DAL projects.
• Listens carefully and asks questions to understand views, concerns, and comments of others.
• Working knowledge of 49CFR, Part 192, API 1104, and API 1107.
• Although the majority of the Field Engineer's duties and responsibilities take place in the field, working in an office is at times required.
• Ability to read and accurately interpret project specifications.
• Ability to read maps, pipeline surveys, drawings, mechanical flow sheets, spool drawings and all other design criteria.
• Ability to understand and interpret safety and environmental programs, quality control and quality assurance plans and all other engineering and technical data.
Depending on size, number and complexity of simultaneously jobs, this position may supervise other Engineers.