General Job Description
The Module Yard Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for the development, maintenance and verification of implementation of the project quality assurance program/plan for the ISBL Module Fabrication Site Malaysia and the OSBL Module Fabrication Site in China. The Module Yard QA Manager will manage and coordinate the project quality assurance program/plan and activities associated with the fabrication of the various modules, which will then be shipped to the Wheatstone Project in Australia. The Module Yard QA Manager will advise management as well as the Project/Site QA Manager of QA problems and progress.
Module Yard QA Manager, Wheatstone LNG Project
The Module Yard QA Manager position is responsible for a broad range of quality activities at the ISBL and OSBL module fabrication yards, as noted above. The Module Yard QA Manager will be in resident at the ISBL Module Yard in Indonesia and will make frequent trips to the OSBL Module Yard and other locations as required by the project. The Module Yard QA Manager will be required to perform and lead audits or surveillance of Bechtel Engineering, Procurement and Construction activities, and of subcontractors, suppliers and sub-suppliers as defined by project and contractual requirements.
The Module Yard QA Manager will be expected to:
· Become familiar with the OG&C and project Quality Management System. (Note: The Module Yard QA Manager will spend approximately 6 weeks in the Houston Office prior to permanently relocating to the module fabrication yard.)
· Plan and implement work using independent judgment and prior experience in the quality area.
Essential job duties include but are not limited to the following:
· Implements the QA program/plan at the fabrication yard.
· Ensures timely and effective implementation of a project quality plan as directed by the Project QA Manager.
· Assign work to and supervise the activities of assigned QA personnel.
· Initiates performance evaluations of assigned QA personnel.
· Directs the implementation of the project Quality Management System at the Module Fabrication Yard.
· Prepares quality assurance audit checklists and participates in audits.
· Provides recommendations to project personnel to correct quality deficiencies.
· Represents the project during audits by management, the client and regulatory agencies as requested by the Project QA Manager.
· Identifies and reports conditions that require corrective action by management and follows up to ensure completion.
· Follows up on actions taken in response to audit findings to ensure adequate close out.
· Provides on-the-job training for assigned QA personnel.
· Prepares QA procedures for review, approval and issuance in accordance with approved procedures.
· Prepares revisions/amendments for the project QA program/plan for review, approval and issuance.
· Reviews quality related procedures and manuals developed by other departments, suppliers and subcontractors for conformance to project QA program/plan requirements.
· Reviews and reports on the impact of new or revised regulatory requirements on the project QA plan.
· Reviews selected project procurement documents to ensure the inclusion of applicable quality requirements.
· Reviews project system documentation packages for completion prior to system turnover to the client.
· Monitors adherence to the established project QA budget as directed.
· Performs supplier/subcontractor qualification surveys, reviews requests for proposals, evaluates bid documents, reviews supplier/subcontractor quality programs, and performs source inspections, surveillances and quality audits.
· Technical knowledge in the application of engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, inspection, testing, certification or operation practices, sufficient to comprehend specified requirements is desired.
· Engineering degree from an accredited university is desired. Equivalent industry experience will be considered.
· Familiarity with industry codes and standards related to piping installation and testing, welding and equipment installation and testing, Positive Material Identification, Electrical/Instrumentation installation and testing is highly desired (ACI, ASTM , API, ANSI/ASME, AWS, ASNTC-1A, NACE, IEEE, etc).
· Experience in the use of personal computers and Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) is required.
· Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with others is required.
· Candidates must be able to read and interpret drawings and specifications and review and comment on documents generated.
· Expert Quality Assurance auditor experience and familiarity with ISO 9001 criteria is required.
· Quality Assurance Auditor/Lead Auditor Skills - ISO 9001 Quality Program Implementation - Expert