Fantastic opportunity with a leading provider for the worldwide oil and gas industry! Due to company and industry growth, this dynamic company has a contract position for a Mechanical Designer / Drafter within their Power Systems Engineering Group at their Northwest Houston, Texas location.
As a Mechanical Designer / Drafter, you will be responsible for providing engineering drafting support and other related documentation. You will be responsible for developing detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment.
Other Duties Include:
• Coordinating with and consult other workers to design, lay out, or detail components and system and resolved design or other problems.
• Component layout and power distribution of Generator Controls, SCR Drives, VFD Drives, Power System Enclosure, and Power Control House from electrical schematic and BOM, creating 3D assembly drawings, fabrication detail drawings and associated BOM; implementing IEEE, ANSI, NEMA, AISC, and ISO standards as an integral part of all designs and drafting.
• Support fabrication, assembly and test during all phases of projects.
• Create AutoCAD 3D wireframe assembly and detail drawings for equipment manufacture by interpreting 1 lines, 3 lines, electrical & control schematics, wire charts and associated BOM for precise component placement and routing of power (form, fit & function) to a broad range of control instrumentation and power components within electrical enclosures and power control houses. This includes sheetmetal cabinet design, copper busbar routing and design, and structural steel Weldment for power control house design and manufacture.
Key requirements for this Contract position:
• High School Diploma or GED and post high school CAD course
• Degree or Certification from accredited CAD technical school
• 3-5 Year mechanical drafting experience
• Good working knowledge of dimensioning and geometric tolerances
• Must have excellent SolidWorks,
• Inventor, Pro-E, AutoCAD 3D skills, Solids, Wireframe helpful
This contract position is expected to last 3-4 months but could become a permanent position for the right candidate.
Pay - $20/hr - $25/hr dependent upon your level of experience.