Updated: Aug 25 2013
||Geologist, Geoscientist, Software Specialist
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Our client is a worldwide tier International Oil Major, integrated its business presence from exploration & production to refining and trading.
This role is required to lead a small team and IT servicer to support Geoscience Team which include around 40 persons. The job-holder will have a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth running of the Geosciences technical support function and associated integrated computing system. Data will arrive from the drilling of over 2000 wells, the shooting of 1500 km2 of 3D seismic and their analyses/interpretations.
Manage the entire Geosciences support Dept (IT, DBM, technical support etc).
Manage the archiving and on-going management of acquired information (reports, data management)
Manage the implementation of Geosciences Affiliate Data Management project and guarantee the integrity and quality of the Geosciences data.
Manage the provision of centralized support, advice and assistance service with expertise and knowledge on geosciences computer applications and interpretation methods to geosciences teams, ensuring that problems and support requests are resolved effectively and efficiently within business deadlines.
Coordinate the management of the geosciences digital data and the project archives, ensuring project documentation and availability of disk space volume.
Manage and supervise the loading, recording, QC and validation of data to geosciences computer applications in accordance with Company standard and business requirements.
- 10 years international E&P oil industry experience with qualifications in Geology, Geophysics or Reservoir.
- 2 years experience of Data Base management, E&P data models, and security/integrity of data.
- Knowledge of archiving, cartography, geodesy, GIS systems.
- Knowledge of GEOFRAME (SIS), LANDMARK, EPOS (Paradigm), E search, FINDER.
- Knowledge of tools such as GADAMA project: eSearch, Finder, DecisionPoint, ArcView.
- Proficiency in basic computer use on Unix, Linux or Windows workstations.
- Fluent English and Mandarin speaker.
- Proven leadership.
Our client is offering outstanding compensation packages, a collaborative work environment and a balanced work-life company culture.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available