Updated: Sep 22 2013
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
JOB TITLE: Project Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Sr. Project Manager
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Occasional overtime to include weekends as dictated by project requirements.
Provide overall management of assigned projects and serve as primary contact for all customer interfaces.
- Overall project execution, including monitoring project schedules, work assignments, budgets, & manpower expenditures
- Managing the engineering & procurement of materials for these projects (not the construction)
- Primary interface with the client, contractor, client's engineer, internal Engineering Department, vendors and internal technical service representatives
- Prepare detailed project budget and manage final execution of the project's cost
- Works with other managers and engineering discipline leads to develop schedules and plans for various elements of the project
- Negotiates change orders & back charges with the client and selected subcontractors
- Responsible for project forecast, schedules, cost estimates, and financial reports
- Other various project responsibilities as required
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in related field; degree in an engineering discipline or engineering technology strongly preferred
- Requires a minimum of fifteen (15) years experience in the offshore oil and gas industry with extensive knowledge in offshore operations, project development (domestic and international) from inception through start up.
- Requires substantial experience running an offshore production platform design project
- Requires experience developing CTRs and schedules and interfacing with clients to ensure plans align
- Requires a complete understanding and working knowledge of the scheduling required to construct an offshore production platform
- Must be familiar with the following engineering disciplines and how they contribute to the design of an offshore production platform:
- Must have experience working with a drafting and design group
- Must have experience estimating project resource needs
- Requires previous experience interacting with client engineering teams for project collaboration, change in scope negotiations and proposal presentation
- Requires knowledge and ability to work with MS Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Professional Engineer Certification preferred
- PMP Certification preferred
- Work is primarily conducted in an office environment (Private or Semi-Private Office) but also requires occasional travel to off-site work locations.
- Field duties require outdoor work in a plant or offshore platform atmosphere;
- Interaction with other team members, as well as supervisors and client personnel;
- Working offshore or in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels;
- Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection;
- May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes;
- May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20 pounds;
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively;
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to conduct analysis and investigations;
- Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties;
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations (may be domestic or international.
This job description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available