Hatch Mott MacDonald is an award-winning full-service engineering firm that operates throughout North America. With roots that date back more than 100 years with the London Underground, we have a track record of major accomplishments in pipelines, transportation, tunnels, water supply, wastewater, environment, buildings, and utilities. Our many successes are due to an outstanding staff dedicated to providing a high level of engineering expertise, which has earned us a reputation for technical excellence, innovation, and client responsiveness. We provide a full range of services for pipeline projects including compression, transmission, midstream, gathering, and metering & regulation. The Pipeline Division has experienced rapid growth and has more than 600 employees spread across over 16 offices in North America. In 2012, Engineering News Record ranked HMM as the 5th largest pipeline engineering firm in the U.S. The pipelines division is working to expand into the Western USA and throughout Canada for gas, oil, and liquid product pipeline projects, including appropriate upstream and downstream projects. We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our dynamic team of professionals at offices in the US and Canada.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Coordinate engineering/design execution, planning, and interface and ensure that activities are completed on schedule and within the budget.
- Prepare project execution & quality plans, projects plan of works, initial projects safety review, initial projects environmental review, and project control system.
- Co-ordinate with project engineers and other discipline engineers and ensures consistency in execution of project management activities.
- Organize and conduct project meetings, technical & progress reviews.
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering
- 5 years of detailed HDD engineering design experience in one or more of the following project types: natural gas pipeline, facilities, liquids, transmission, gathering, midstream and treatment.
- P.E. license mandatory.
- Possess sound judgment; highly developed management, organizational, interpersonal, presentation/training, oral and written communication skills; excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Strong technical and design skills.
- Proficiency in the following required: HDD feasibility, reporting, geotechnical investigations, soil borings/sampling, laboratory testing parameters, conceptual and detailed design, design and construction specifications, field workspace and logistical requirements, constructability, and construction inspection.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and work with multi-disciplinary teams; and, deal with complex issues and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to prepare and interpret design reports, recognize problems and define and evaluate solutions.