Updated: Oct 2 2013
||QA / QC / Inspection, Refinery Specialist, Reliability Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Terre Haute, IN, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The purpose of this position is to oversee project and reliability related activities for assigned areas of the Gasification facility, applying engineering principles while striving to improve quality and productivity.
- 40% Plans and implements reliability and improvement projects in designated plant area and participates in equipment overhauls, troubleshooting and turnarounds as required.
- 15% Makes decisions concerning plant operations and maintenance procedures, equipment operability, cost control and the selecting, designing, and/or specification of material and equipment. Includes some project development and implementation.
- 15% Promotes safety and loss prevention in all aspects of reliability maintenance and projects. Participates in the development and implementation of company policies and procedures for safety rules and regulations, including day-to-day safe job planning.
- 10% Learns basic operation and maintenance aspects of gasification equipment, working as backup to other engineers as needed.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- 10% Participates in developing and implementing new techniques and designs for the improvement of performance, efficiency, and reliability of equipment and process systems. Incorporates best practices in maintenance which includes staying abreast of requirements and communicating requirements to operations & maintenance personnel.
- 10% Participates in training engineers, operations personnel and maintenance craftsmen as needed.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Critical Skills and Abilities
- Technical ability: Must have a good working knowledge of chemical unit operations & equipment, failure analysis and project organization.
- Accuracy and attention to detail: Ensures accuracy in documentation and data; concentrates on details and organizes and maintains a system of records.
- Project management ability: Able to develop plans that are effective in attaining results; garners resources and defines
- A minimum of Bachelors Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or similar field preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years progressive experience in plant operations/maintenance preferred.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available