Updated: Aug 16 2013
||Accounting or Finance, Financial Audit, Oracle, Hyperion
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
GENERAL FUNCTION: Compile and analyze financial information for strategic planning and analysis activities required to support the Company's growth and business development initiatives, including potential mergers and acquisitions.
ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS:
• Oversee preparation of budget & financial forecasts, including the direct management of any corporate tasks run subsequent to area personnel data input.
• Develop cash flow forecasts and balance sheet outcomes based on budgets and forecasts.
• Prepare financial reporting-related analyses highlighting variances relative to expectations.
• Prepare various cash flow and discounted cash flow analyses.
• Develop corporate M&A models and investment and financing recommendations.
• Provide support for commercial tenders with the development of rate recommendations.
• Prepare valuation analysis supporting SEC reporting requirements, including goodwill and asset impairment testing.
• Understand the current state of, and long-term goals for, the company's financial reporting and analysis systems, including Hyperion Planning & Reporting (Oracle).
• Collaborate with internal and external IT technical resources to enhance the capability and usability of financial systems within the company.
• Prepare and analyze long range/strategic plans.
• Provide recommendations based on analysis and planning process.
• Assist with training area personnel in data output/input within the Hyperion system.
• Other duties as assigned.
WORK SCHEDULE: Normal business hours with episodic, but occasionally significant, overtime (evenings and / or weekends).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Frequently required to stand, walk, and have repetitive motions; occasionally required to climb, balance, reach; and seldom required to crouch, crawl, lift, push, and pull.
SUPERVISION/GUIDANCE: Performs series of assignments usually independently using established or standardized procedures. Complex or unusual problems are referred to supervisor.
Internal - Regularly required to work with employees outside of normal work group. Those outside of normal work group would be employees and management of the parent and subsidiaries. The information exchanged is mostly routine and technical, but may involve confidential information on occasion.
External - Required to work with individuals outside of the company, including financial advisors, capital courses, and external auditors, and IT Consultants.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / LICENSES:
Education: BA or BS in Finance or Accounting, or similar field experience with demonstrated ability to perform technical analysis. MBA or CFA designation is helpful, but not required.
Skills & Experience:
• 3 or more years of relevant field and technical experience.
• General understanding of financial and operational systems.
• Ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to prepare written reports and document business processes.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills.
• Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines.
• Self-motivated, able to work on a team or independently.
• Able to staff train, coach and enable the development of others.
- Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
- Tidewater regrets that is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Tidewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/M/F/D/V)
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available