Updated: Dec 30 2013
||Business Development, Construction Engineer, Process Engineer, Power
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Senior Consultant or Executive Consultant
Power Project Services - Houston Office
Experienced engineer to provide expert consultation in the areas of power generation project development, implementation and operation. Regional emphasis is Latin America.
Lummus Consultants International, Inc. (LCI) (formerly Shaw Consultants International, Inc.) performs technical evaluations of capital projects for the power generation industry. We work mainly for lenders, prospective investors and owners and examine issues surrounding the technical design, execution and operation of projects. We evaluate design development, contracting strategies, project costs, prospective contractors, proposed execution, schedule and proposed operations and maintenance, overall project performance and the technical inputs to the business case, ie how each of these parameters will separately and collectively affect the forecast overall project economics. We support investors in reviewing potential acquisitions targets. We also provide recommendations to owners on project feasibility and how to improve the technical project drivers using our extensive project knowledge. The projects we review cover all power generation technologies, from basic combined cycle plants to supercritical coal units to renewables and nuclear facilities. Our work is international. We maintain a very strong presence in the international technical due diligence markets to support the global financial industry. We have a far-reaching organization with offices in the United States, UK, the Middle East and Asia.
This request is specifically seeking an someone fluent in Spanish to assist us in growing our involvement in the Latin America markets.
The Consultant will lead or support due diligence activities on power generation projects including review of project design, execution plans and contracts. Interface with clients and potential clients and be responsible for business development activities to include areas such as owner's engineering support services, project development support services and project due diligence. Additional business areas may be identified based upon the candidate's work history, strengths and interests.
- A degree-educated Engineer; MBA is beneficial but not required.
- The candidate should have at least ten to twenty years relevant professional experience in the Power sector.
- Knowledgeable on power generation project development, equipment design and operation (multiple technologies).
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is a pre-requisite. We are seeking a candidate who is also proficient in Spanish, both written and spoken. The ability to write clear and concise written reports is important. The candidate should have strong interpersonal skills and an ability to interact with senior level customers and clients from different nationalities and cultures.
- Capable of managing a project team and/or working as part of a team to execute assignments.
- Able to give direction and/or take direction and achieve objectives without extensive oversight.
- Able to communicate project issues to management, and to coordinate activities with other team members.
- Able to work on assignments with tight deadlines and manage multiple assignments.
- Able to identify project and client opportunities and initiate business development outreach.
- Demonstrated experience with power generation project implementation in Latin America is a plus.
- Previous consulting experience is beneficial.
Office location and travel:
Houston office. Relocation is not being offered.
Job-related travel (business trips usually requiring less than two-weeks) including international travel to project locations is an important part of the work. Travel may average 10 to 30 percent.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available