Chicago Bridge and Iron B.V., (CB& I) is currently seeking a Project Manager of Technology for Lummus Technology, a CB&I business sector. Lummus Technology provides a wide range of process technologies and related services to the petrochemical, petroleum refining, and oil and gas industries. The position resides in Houston, Texas
The Project Manager is responsible for overall management and control of all phases of a complete project, proposal or study execution. He or she will take initiative in making decisions both within and outside established procedures and guidelines, when required, based on past experience.
Chicago Bridge & Iron B.V., (CB&I) offers a full spectrum of engineering services from conceptual design through commissioning and performance testing. Our expertise encompasses the design of process installations, mechanical systems, civil and structural piping controls and instrumentation, power distribution, off-sites and utilities.
Our engineers are experienced with construction and commissioning of facilities and all facets of design codes and safeguards. CB&I offer a full range of engineering and technology services in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
Responsibilities are listed below:
• Manages, controls costs and maintains gross margins for assigned projects, proposals and studies
• Controls work hours and schedule for assigned projects, proposals and studies
• Coordinates activities between all disciplines
• Main client contact within the department after project award through plant acceptance
• Coordinates plant check-out, commissioning, troubleshooting and plant modifications
• Responsible for central filing and follow-up activities for each specific project, proposal or study
• Issues project job instructions, develops project schedule and issues job quality plan when applicable
• Responsible for control and execution of an assigned project or project area within schedule and budget
• Arranges for adequate staffing
• Responsible for overseeing assigned engineers work and performance evaluations
The successful candidate must have a B.S. or M.S. in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering 7 to 10 years of experience and a solid knowledge of Chemical/Mechanical Engineering disciplines, industry specifications and standards. Inherent in the position is the possession of very good organizational skills, the Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written/internal and external), the ability to plan and schedule the work effort for a task force and a good understanding of contracts, process technologies, procurement, negotiation and cost aspects of a project.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available