Updated: Aug 8 2013
||Mud Engineer / Drilling Fluids, HIGH PRESSURE/HIGH TEMP
||$7,500/MONTH $475 DAY BONUS
||Spruce Grove, AB, Canada
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Provide onsite services to the operator by measuring, testing, and supervising the running of fluid mixing and pumping, including technical analysis and specific recommendations for controlling fluid properties.
Reports to Field Services Manager(FSM), Location Manager, or Operations Manager
MUST HAVE 5 YEARS DRILLING FLUIDS EXPERIENCE AND HIGH TEMP/HIGH PRESSURE EXPERIENCE.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Review mud program to prepare orders and mixing plans
- Write procedures for mixing mud and handling of products
- Gather chemical or fluid samples for testing
- Test fluids to determine trends and identify contaminants
- Record mud testing results to identify trends
- Interpret data from mud property checks to evaluate treatment or action required
- Determine the cause of mud, hole, or system problems so correct treatment can be recommended
- Determine chemical treatment to optimize drilling parameters
- Advise clients on potential treatments or improvements to the mud system based on data analysis and mud testing
- Make recommendations concerning solids control processes to ensure the equipment is optimized for economic solids removal
- Supervise rig personnel when performing chemical additions and recording drilling fluids parameters
- Manage product inventory to ensure availability
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and rig personnel
- Maintain environmental discharge and consumption records as required by legislation or client
- Comply with company and customer health and safety procedures
- Follow daily reporting processes and procedures
- Monitory daily drilling operations to reduce or eliminate problems associated with drilling mud
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available