Updated: Jul 23 2013
||Drilling Engineering, Sales and Marketing, Technical Sales, Drill bit
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Job Description Title
Drilling Solutions Engineer -Drill Bit Specialist
Advanced level sales, operations, Service Quality, reliability and customer support for NOV DH Drill Bit product lines. Product line specialist duties as required to support Area/Region. Evaluate and provide information on the performance of commercial as well as new products and technology. Direct supervision of NOV DSE's and Field Engineers as assigned. Be prepared both in training and ability to be certified in available certification categories. Provide technical training and mentoring.
- Mentor/supervise trainees as related to area technical function.
- Monitor tool performance and report trends to product center through periodic reporting or on a case-by-case basis as necessary.
- Manage and coordinate the field test bit program.
- Assist in the IMS process for the assigned area.
- Manage and coordinate the gathering of competitor's bit performance data.
- Manage and coordinate the complaint report process.
- Assist the sales force with detailed performance studies for optimization of drilling performance for critical or strategic applications. Coordinate TerraSCOPE output.
- Assist in the assembly of case histories and outstanding run reports for internal and external use.
- Promote the technical image of NOV in the local area through membership in industry groups, technical papers and local publications.
- Provide technical guidance for BitTrak and IT needs.
- Assist in the coordination and optimization of fixed cutter drill bit repair.
- Provide rig site sales assistance.
- Position may or may not require travel
- Working hours to be identified by manager
- Non-standard work hours, 24/7 contact/availability expectations for rig/operational support Comply with Global and Local QHSE policies.
- Behave in a professional and ethical manner in line with NOV corporate policies
- Composure, Functional/Technical Skills, Leadership, Integrity and Trust, Perseverance
- General Oilfield
- General Engineering
- Advanced Drill Bits
- Advanced Drilling Dynamics Advanced Drilling Optimization BlackBox/Drilling Solutions Software Advanced Borehole Enlargement Matching Bits and Reamers Advanced Drilling Tools
- Technical Presentation
- Bit/Tool Run Database
- Service Equipment
- Drill String/BHA Components
- Microsoft Software Suite (PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- ITRAX/QFocus Service Quality
- Time Management
- Project Management
- Ability to Operate Stand Alone
- Supervisory Skills
- Priority Setting
- Proactive approach
- Work/Life Balance
- Verbal Communication Skills
- Written Communications
- Advanced Presentation Skills/Abilities
- Action Oriented/Drive for results
- Customer Focus
- Outgoing Personality
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Excellent Analytical/Problem Solving Abilities
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available