One of our customers a major integrated EPCI provider of floating production solutions for the deepwater oil and gas industry has an opening for the position of Project Inspections Coordinator
The company owns and operates the world's largest fleet of FPSOs which recently achieved more than 1 million barrels of oil per day throughput.
Careers at this company offer their employees:
- Unique opportunities to participate in the full life-cycle of projects and operations from engineering through construction and installation and throughout production operations
- Experience with a leader in deepwater floating production and mooring systems, in production operations and in terminals and services
- Opportunities for roles in Execution centers, in the construction yards and with specialized offshore installation vessels.
- A company philosophy of exposing talented individuals to all parts of the business which provides opportunities to expand their personal tool kits.
The company is currently recruiting for a Project Inspections Coordinator. The Project Inspections Coordinator will be knowledgeable of the requirements of codes, standards, project specifications, procedures and documents distribution systems in relation to CAPEX Projects; interface with Package Managers and Suppliers, Package Engineers, and Project QA; ensure that key issues arising from Inspection visits are brought to the immediate attention of the Package Manager, Package Engineer and the Project Procurement Manager; ensure that Project protocol for issue of Inspection Release
Certificates, Inspection Waivers and Issue of Punch lists is implemented; issue weekly reports showing planned Inspection visits for the following four weeks, identifying the Suppliers / Sub-suppliers to be visited, location, names of inspectors assigned and the general nature of the inspection visit; and monitor and report through the role of the Field Inspectors that 3rd Party and Class Inspection requirements are identified within Suppliers I&TPs, implemented through P.O. Execution and are completed at the time of issue of Inspection Release Certificates.
The Project Inspections Coordinator will also;
- Review inspection documentation inputs
- Initiate inspection related communication with supplier and attend relevant meetings
- Source inspector and assign inspection.
- Evaluate candidates and supporting documentation of technically competent field inspection personnel
- Prepare documentation for field inspection
- Ensure that all inspectors assigned to the inspection activities are fully familiar with the requirements of the Project's Procedures
- Provide general review and comments to Suppliers' I&TPs and Monitor that I&TPs reach final approval
- Manage attendance of the Field Inspectors at Pre-Inspection meetings (PIM)
- Manage the mobilization and supervise the inspection work of the Field Inspectors
- Receive and review inspection reports from the Field Inspectors, ensuring that Inspection Reports, Non-Conformance Reports, Inspection Release Notes and Outstanding Work Lists are issued to the Project.
- Review invoices from inspection agencies
- Qualified candidates should possess a high school diploma with a two or four year
- Technical Degree preferred. Candidates should also have 5 years of technical inspection coordinator experience with onshore and offshore process, topside and subsea equipment.
- SBM Offshore provides technical training: candidates are required to participate and will be placed depending on technical training level.
- Candidates with any of the following certifications, past or current would be preferred but not mandatory CWI, ASNT, NACE, API, ASME, or ASQ.
Company is located in Energy Corridor, Houston TX and offers excellent benefits, tremendous opportunities for qualified professionals, and competitive salary and benefits packages** (3 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), 10 paid holidays, 401(k) Plan, 4-1/2 Day Work week, AD&D, Bonus Plan,
Education Reimbursement Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Medical and Dental
Plans, Short & Long Term Disability Insurance and Employee Stock Purchase Plan).
**subject to employment status
The company is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V and maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.